Following the same principle of choosing to consume foods that are both nutrient dense and digestible, nori (seaweed, kelp, algae, and other sea vegetables) is an excellent source of minerals such as iodine, magnesium, iron, and trace minerals. To read more about the health benefits of sea vegetables click here - bottom line nori is good for you and it tastes good, especially as a wrap.
- 1 sheets of Nori
- 1 can of smoked sardines from Trader Joe's (You can essentially use any brand of sardines but I prefer Trader Joe's because smokey flavor and saltiness pair well with the avocado and sweet potato)
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 c baked sweet potato (already cooked)
- 1/2 c of a raw zucchini or cucumber (cut into slender pieces)
- 1 large leaf of kale with the stem removed (split into two halves)
- Lay out one sheet of nori and place one of the kale leaves on top. (Note: It is important to lay the kale prior to adding the other oilier ingredients to avoid the seaweed from becoming soggy.)
- On top of the kale leaf l smear the avocado in the center, place the baked sweet potato chunks on top, canned sardines, and chopped zucchini or cucumber.
- Dab a little bit of water on the edges of the nori and wrap!