Bulgar Risotto with Corn & Shrimp
Fiber-rich bulgar and protein-packed shrimp to keep you full for hours!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 cup bulgar wheat
- 12 oz raw or pre-cooked shrimp
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 medium red bell pepper (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp red pepper falkes
- 1/4 cilantro (I put in more because I love cilantro!)
- Begin boiling 2 cups water.
- In a separate pan, toast the bulgar:
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add in garlic clove.
- Add bulgar and salt.
- Gradually add in boiling water to bulgar and garlic mixture, waiting until bulgar absorbs the water before adding more. Bulgar will be slightly soupy (8-10 minutes).
- Add shrimp. If shrimp is raw, let cook for 2-3 minutes. If shrimp is cooked, add in with ingredients in step 5.
- Add corn, bell pepper, lemon juice, and red pepper flakes.
- Mix well.
- Add in cilantro, and salt and pepper to taste.